Friday, February 29, 2008

Biblical Manhood

Last weekend some of the Men from By Grace went on a great weekend retreat! The main topic we talked about was True Biblical Manhood. And what that looks like is a Man that is after God's own Heart. This is however contrary to what the "world" tell us. The world tells us that "true manhood" is driving a fancy car, making lots of money, being good at athletics, etc. This "world view" was really backed up today when I received a spam e-mail that told me I could take these "pills" and achieve my "manhood" by March 9th.
I can't begin to tell you how excited this made me (sarcasm). What is dangerous is we buy into this. Maybe not the "man pill" exactly, but men get trapped into trying to find ways to be more "manly".
I just want to remind the men that a true man is one who is after God's Heart.
And ladies I want to tell you, don't settle for a man who believes anything else.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a great weekend- I'm so glad the men got away to spend time together, in scripture, with God. VERY NICE!!!